Once you’ve assembled your Tower Garden HOME system, there are just a few simple tasks you’ll need to complete before you can start growing. But don’t worry, everything you need to set up your new Tower Garden is included with every purchase. Even better? This process is mess and stress free!
First, you’ll need to fill the reservoir and add nutrients before you are ready to transplant seedlings into it. Follow along with the step-by-step directions or video tutorial posted below to learn how to set up your garden.
- Your Tower Garden will hold approximately 13 gallons when filled to within 3 inches (7.5cm) of the top lid. Fill the reservoir with cool water. Do not overfill the reservoir. NEVER use softened water, heavily chlorinated water, or very hard water, as it may damage your plants. (If you have hardwood floors or carpet, we recommend placing a water-proof mat under the reservoir before filling it.)
- Add the correct amount of Mineral Blend to the reservoir. Follow the instructions listed on the labels.
- Use a spoon or other utensil to stir in the nutrients thoroughly. Do not use your hands, as the solution may be slightly acidic or alkaline and can irritate the skin.
- Use the pH test kit to test the pH of the nutrient solution in the nutrient reservoir. The optimal pH is 5.5 to 6.5. If an adjustment is necessary, add one teaspoon / 5 mL of pH buffering solution (included) to either raise (pH+Base) or lower (pH-Acid) the pH. Follow all safety instructions on the pH bottles. Avoid contact with the skin. Repeat this process until you reach the desired pH level.
- Plug in the pump. Check that water is flowing out of the top of the Tower Garden before putting the lid on the shower cap.
- Your pump comes with an adjustable flow rate dial. Turn the dial counter-clockwise to ensure the pump is open.
- A timer is included with your Tower Garden which functions best if the watering is on a cycle, rather than a continuous flow. For indoor growing, set the timer to "I", for outdoor growing, set the timer to "O". If you have questions, refer to the instructions found on the back of the timer.
- Place the access port lid on the reservoir lid.
Learn how to fill the reservoir in your Tower Garden, add Mineral Blend, test pH and more.
Ready to get growing? Check out the HOME Growing Guide next!